- To develop competent workforce for public health services through teaching, training, and research in the relevant fields on a regular basis.
- To strive for solutions based on harmonious blend of capacity development, knowledge dissemination, and community engagement taking the best technological advances into consideration to improve community health and hence quality of life for all.
- To develop model centres for health services to community, ensuring universal coverage for primary health care.
- To provide Primary Health Training of various Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate (UG) & Postgraduate (PG) courses in the field of Public Health Service or Community Health Service.
- To provide Primary Health Care services catering more than one lakh population in.Rural & Urban area through its 2 Primary Health Centres, 4 Sub-centres and 12 Health Units.
- To assist in performing Public Health (Field) Research by the students and experts.
- Conducting need based regular courses of high quality covering all aspects of Public Health.
- Designing and implementing need based short courses, and training programmes for augmenting and supplementing Public Health Workforce.
- Informing, educating, and empowering people about health issues.
- Conducting research for new insights and innovative solutions to community health problems.
- Evolving best practices and setting standards in the field of public health.
- Evaluation of effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Playing a leadership role in the field of public health through evidence based policy advocacy.
- Compliance with common statutory provisions.