Rural Health Practitioner (R.H.P.) course with a duration of Two years Theoretical and One year Practical knowledge with internship from Hospital or Nursing home.
|1.||Anatomy of Human body.||80||20||100|
|2.||Physiology of Human body||80||20||100|
|3.||Health & Hygiene||80||20||100|
|1.||Laboratory based pathology||80||20||100|
|2.||Gynaecology & Midwifery||80||20||100|
Students who have passed out C.M.S & E.D.T, H.S/ISC/CBSE and Madhyamik/ICSE/CBSE are eligible for the courses.
Mode of training
- Classes are to be conducted by the teachers in three languages, such as English, Bengali and Hindi.
- During collection of notes the students have to mention the language of their choice.
- Result of Examinations will be published and pinned up on the Notice board of the office. Certificates against Exams will be available within one month of completion of the course.
- Regular sessions for 5 days class in a week.
- 5 hours for each session.
- Practical sessions will be conducted for 3 to 4 days in a week continuously for one year.
- Regular sessions in the morning will start from 11 am and continue up to 4 pm.
- Minimum 40 seats will be allotted per batch.
Rural Health Practitioners could claim themselves as a Recognized Practitioner but never entitled to write the title Dr. Before their name.
Method of selection
- Candidates should have to appear before the selection board with relevant documents and credentials.
- Selection will be done through Viva voce.
- A committee would be formed out of 5 to 7 qualified people who would conduct the interviews and remain related to Executive and District Development committee.
- Since specialists of relevant fields will be delivering lectures, the students will get chances to interact with them for practical exposure.
- Successful students will be awarded certificates.
- Opportunities will exist to work in different sectors of Health as well as for self employment.
- Students can enlist their names at Employment Exchange.
- The training will be conducted under guidance of professionals who are qualified as Medical Experts having qualifications like MBBS/BHMS/BAMS/BUMS.
- Students can apply for Government loan schemes for self employment.
- Tie up with Department of Health programs, Common Medical Problems, IEC awareness programs, immunization medical camps of Pulse- Polio, Camps to evade Malaria, Dengue, Tuberculosis, Eye/ Ear/ Tooth Problems, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Anaemia, Breathlessness, Constipation, Contraception, Pain, Poisoning, Cough, Pediculosis, Snake Bites and insect stings, vomiting, fever, skin problems including allergic reaction, wounds, burns and shock, Diarrhoea, Aids, Kala -Azar and food poisoning specially during flood or any other natural calamities or epidemics.
Duration & facilities
The Institute is offering two years course in community based Primary Health care Management for Rural Health Practitioner (R.H.P.). Classes commences on January/June every year.
Students need to purchase guideline books & magazines. They will have to pay Awareness training fee, Practical fee. Fee for project site or field visit have to paid. Study based educational tours will be compulsory and such costs have to be entirely borne by the students which shall be properly intimated to the students on the basis of priority.
Admission to the following course
- Application form for Admission or Registration can be collected from Institute’s registered office or from any of its branch office with a payment of Rs 100/- (Rupees One hundred only).
- Prospectus with syllabus has to be collected from Registered office or Branch offices with a payment of Rs 500/- (Rupees Five hundred only).
- 6 Copies (six copies) of recent passport size photographs are required during the time of Admission or Registration which has to be duly signed by the candidate.
- Original certificates such as Admit Cards, Mark sheets, Experience certificates, Adhar Card / Voter ID Card and all other relevant documents are required to be shown during the time of admission and registration. Self attested Xerox copies of aforesaid certificates are required to be submitted.
- Rural Health Practitioner (R.H.P.) books have to be purchased for every year from the office counters.
- Admission fees along with Development fees will be levied and have to be paid-up by the students.
- Extra charges & fees for practical knowledge sessions will be levied and amended from time to time.